Friday, November 4, 2011

New Wheels for the Road Bike

I was fortunate to score a set of Easton Circuits. I guess what I plan to do for now is create two wheelsets. One for winter and the other for spring, fall and summer. I am about to order Panaracer Stradius Sport Tires in 700 x 26C mm as an inexpensive, durable winter tire. This extra width and tread should make for a comfy ride with all the winter debris on the roads.

I rode yesterday on the Westchester North County Trailway. It was in miserable shape after the storm. Huge trees laying across the path. I felt like it was cyclocross and it quickly reminded me that I need winter tires. My Serfas Secas took a beating.

Sunday is the NYC marathon and I plan to be there at the end to see Dondi finish. We also have dinner plans afterwards with Mike, Robin and Felise. In the morning before I go down I plan to do a 20 mile road ride near home with lots of hills. I have it mapped out and loaded to my Garmin 705. The ride can be seen here

No comments:

Post a Comment