Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cleaning Up the Mess

The past 2 weekends I have been trying to clean up after the big storm. Here are some trees that feel on the deck. They just missed the roof. If it weren't for the leaves cushioning the fall I think we would have had roof damage. Then again, if there hadn't been leaves on the trees they wouldn't have come down in the storm in the first place. 

Our property was such a mess. Every single tree had major damage. Huge limbs and whole trees down everywhere. It has taken 2 weekends now to clean it up. Luckily my neighbor had a chainsaw making the work easier. Also, I used the tractor to drag trees and limbs to the front where the town is scheduled to pick it all up.
This is only half of it. My camera ran out of battery when I tried to get the other side.

I still managed to get a ride in this weekend. I have been so inspired by Mike and Don's achievements not only on the bike but also in their triathlon events, that I am constantly jonesing to get on the bike. I have had some really great road rides lately proving to myself I can handle more mileage. I hope to keep building so I can try a century in the spring.
Yesterday it was only 24 degrees and I set out on my singlespeed mountain bike to complete and hour or so of road and dirt. It only turned out to be 40 minutes or so but it felt good to get out there. My legs have been sore from my new workouts. I have been trying to incorporate Friel's weight routine.
Below is my not so impressive ride from yesterday. Pay no attention to the HR data. In the cold sometimes the signal gets lost. There is no way I was ever at 30bpm.


No comments:

Post a Comment