Tuesday, November 29, 2011

2012 Events

Race and ride schedules are starting to come out. So far I am looking at the following 3 events for the spring

April 7th- XC Race- Bunny Hopbrook at Middlebury CT
April 22nd- XC Race- Winding Trails at Farmington CT
June 10- Century Ride- Tour De Cure New Haven CT

I'll be racing CAT3 for XC races hoping to be at mid pack or better. Winding Trails is where I finished 6 out of 11 in the First Timer category last year. Knowing a bit about the terrain and some of the mistakes I made I hope to improve over last year. I also have a more structured plan with more volume and a purposeful base period.

Tour De Cure is a charity road ride for diabetes. There seems to be a lot of these fully supported non-competitive charity rides around and the dates works well for me. This will be my first century. I'll have a full 7 weeks between the last XC race and this century. Plenty of time to shift gears and prepare for lots of road miles.

OK bruthas, lets see your 2012 planned events!!

No comments:

Post a Comment