Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Don's Pre-NYC Marathon Taper Run

From Don: I was listening to some great tunes yesterday. Started off with a little Grateful dead and then into some funkyPhish. The music was running through my veins and was seeping into my soul. I was on my last mediumdistance run before the NYC marathon. 9 miles. Nice and easy was the plan. A little zone 1 for 30 minutes and thenan hour in zone 2. I choose to run down by the ocean. The ocean run has taken on a new meaning in myjourney as take in all that it has to offer. It is a Mecca of inspiration with all its runners and cycle-ers. Thiswas an afternoon run and the weather was a beautiful mid 80's with light winds. The taper has left me withsome nice energy and I am really trying to hold back on this workout. Focusing on my gait. Slowly closing myeyes and feeling every part of my stride. Falling into a trance like state. I slowly become aware that I am doingsome kind of tribal dance as a run. And this tribal dance makes me feel part of a special group. Eminem is playing. I am thinking positive thoughts about overcoming challenges. Getting deeper into my tribal dance and I gota little runners high going on. Nothing sweeter. Positive thoughts of challenging myself to a full Ironman is brewing in my head. I have many friends that are racing today and next weekend. Marathons, Half's, and Full's.I hope you all find your groove, mojo, tribal dance and have a fantastic race!! Will be thinking about you all.


Thank you again for your donations and support. You all have been so awesome. Life, at times, can feel so
awesome. I am choosing to embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment