Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cool Winter Riding

It was 34 degrees at the start and 30 degrees at the finish. Very, very icy in several spots. Otherwise it was pretty clear and crunchy. It was the fourth ride of the week for me and I was feeling strong. The other rides were indoors so they may not count but I've been pushing hard even with the indoor workouts.

With the cold temps I was pretty bundled up. I probably had one too many layers on top. My hands were cold at first with my new Gore gloves and Smartwool liners but after a while with all the climbing I was pretty toasty. Shoe covers and balaclava were key.

Here is my friend and CT Chapter New England Mountain Biking Association President Mark Lurie. We were in all orange to avoid the hunters and we had our headlights because it was the end of the day and you never know what might happen.

And now a trip down memory lane. Gigging with Andy about 12 years ago in the Village.



No comments:

Post a Comment