Thursday, December 2, 2010

680 FT Elevation in 25 minutes

Climbed to the top of Blue Mountain today. This is the other side of the mountain from where I work at Blue Mountain Middle School. I am very lucky to have one of the Northeast's best mountain bike trail systems right here at work. It was 38 degrees when I started and dropping. But I was dressed warm, almost too warm.

We had a huge storm last night and there were trees like this down on the trail every so often. And the trails were wet so I mostly stuck to the wider fire roads.

Here I am near the top.

And even closer to the top. Another 40 minutes and the sun will be down.

Finally made it to the top. A grueling 25 minute climb with a total elevation of 680 feet. I was sucking wind on a few very steep sections. I haven't had enough climbing in the last couple of weeks. That's the Hudson River in the background.

And on the way back down. Rock formations everywhere here. Just like Florida, not.

So long from not so warm and sunny NY. Send some warmth and sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. That's way too cold for me. 
    But like the motivation
    Riding tomorrow but later in day when it heats up to 65 degrees

    ReplyDelete