Monday, September 20, 2010

Its been a very hard week. My body hit the wall pretty hard after my 19 mile run. The run was an amazing experience. Started at 4:45am and ran along the beach. Ran for over 4 hours. The following day is when I had a crohn's flair up. Belly was distended. lots of pain. was not passing anything through my system. went to see my Doc and he put me on clear fluids for 2 days. slowly but surely I came around. My body was not too bad. My crohn's was another story. Long story short, I felt 85% better by Thursday. And by Friday I was ready to lace up again. Did a pre Kol Nidre run and ran 4 miles. Hot afternoon run but I felt pretty good. It was time to get back to training. The plan called for a 21 mile run but I decided to modify. Dont want to risk a second flair up. And by the way I think the flair up could have been triggered by the run but I am much more suspicious of the Gatorade i was drinking. Anyway, I got up at 4:30 on Yom Kippur and laced up. Had one of the best runs ever. I stayed local and ran 11 miles. I was in the Zone and might even say I was hitting the "Runners High'!!! it was awesome!!! Back on track. Need to stay healthy!!

1 comment:

  1. nice garmin
    if u trim that forearm hair you might pick up some speed

    ReplyDelete