Sunday, October 24, 2010

Careful of those Horse Treats on the Trail

 Sherri and I went for yet another ride today. Second day in a row. We tried an old rail-trail that runs through the Southbury area. I don't know where it ends but we did about 6 or 7 miles. I heard it goes much further. The trail is a little more rough than the trail we do on Pepper St and as you can see from the pic there are horses riding here too.


The weather was looking ominous with light rain as we started out. My buddy Mark was making fun of me for wearing pants yesterday and today was no different. I don't like being cold on these mellow rides. Sheesh, I don't even break a sweat.

I'm so psyched to have Sherri out riding. She really seems to be enjoying it.

2 comments:

  1. Who's watching the kids when you are doing this? What do you think of the Larkin? We should get together and ride this again. I will bring my wife, although I have to get her back on the bike - she only rode her bike once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Larkin is pretty cool. Its a perfect one step up from Pepper St as a challenge for my wife. Slight inclines and some sketchy areas to navigate. Obviously its a lot longer too. I'd like to take the kids there, but I am slightly worried about the drop off the sides in some places. Mighty steep the way those old railways were constructed.

    ReplyDelete