Sunday, August 22, 2010

No Pedaling in the Rain Today

I got up at 6AM, but it was too late because it was already raining. I thought maybe I'd ride anyway since it wasn't raining hard until I realized that my rear tire went flat overnight. My tires have been losing pressure from the heat and I didn't realize it was actually more of a problem than just the heat with my rear tire. I guess I'll change the tube today and see if that remedies the problem.

It is supposed to rain for the next 3 or 4 days so I am not sure what riding I can get in. I hope there will be a window of dryness somewhere. At least its not cold like this back in December:


We'll be around the house today getting ready for the mega-sleepover. Bella and Korey each have one friend coming and Zoe has 2. Their families will come for dinner first at around 5. We cooked everything yesterday. Almost all the food is from our organic farm share. I made the tomato sauce and the eggplant parm. I also have some Guiness and Sierra Pale Ale for the dads.

I am looking forward to a really cool gig next weekend with Katie Wilson. She is a young up and coming singer who just won a huge band contest in Hartford. Every band in the last 4 years that has won has gone on to national success. She asked me to play this cool hippie festival on August 28th. This band has serious potential with a mix of bluegrass, blues, and folk all set to jamband psychedela-funk.

Here is Katie



And the festival we're playing


No comments:

Post a Comment