Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day Ride

Beautiful sunny day today in the upper 50s and I was off from work. Sherri and I took a late afternoon ride. Things were pretty flat on this old rail-trail so I ventured into the woods on some of the short singletrack to get my heart rate up a bit. Wasn't much of a workout but it was fun to be out with Sherri.


I'm about to do an overhall on Sherri's bike to make it lighter and more trail ready. I just ordered booties for me from Jenson at only $4. While I was at it they also had Easton handlebars on sale for $12. So I got the Easton EA 30 handlebars in black for her which should add to the "cool factor" that her bike needs. Next I'll be getting her cyclocross tires and a bashguard. We also need to get her a new helmet. That old white one is cheeeeezy!

3 comments:

  1. nice
    I rode tuesday and wednesday and felt so great. perfect weather that I even put my leg warmers on. I'm getting ready for next weeks "ride without limits" 112 miles. By far my longest ride. should be a blast. I have jumped up my intensity to maintaining aleast 22 mph or better at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 22 mph avg....thats insane!

    let's get that berkshires ride going for the spring or summer. hopefully you won't mind slowing down to about 19 for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a twofer on Vet's day. 15 mile Monster Cross and 5 miles at Millers Pond. Great day to be on a bike. First time I have ridden two different bikes in one day, both are 29ers, though.

    ReplyDelete