Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pre-Turkey Double Ride

My plan was to take a road ride to get a good hills workout in before riding with Sherri on the rail-trail. I ordered a wind vest from Hucknroll but it hasn't come yet. I though maybe I'd be OK with the long sleeve poly base layer, wool jersey and the green jersey on top. But no, the wind was cutting right thru me at 37 degrees. I was chilled to the bone. So I cut the road ride short. Went home, put on the orange shell and we hit the trail. Much warmer this way.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey you look good on a road bike. The first layer is crucial and covering ears are key for me but what do I knw I live in sunny Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 layers is the recommended approach for winter weather. Poly base layer, insulating second layer like wool, and third is a windproof & waterproof shell.

    ReplyDelete