Sunday, April 17, 2011

My First Race Ever

These are the only pics I got just after completing the race. I finished 6th out of 11. I feel like I did pretty good, but I started too fast. At first I was in the top 3 as we completed the first climb and headed into the singletrack in the woods. My heart rate was racing right away. As you'll see in the stats I was at 180 within a minute or so and never recovered. I couldn't sustain the pace and was passed by 3 bikers in my class before the race was over. I passed at least 5 riders from other categories. One guy passed me in my catergory but I later passed him.




All in all it was a good day. The weather was beautiful although it rained heavily the night before and parts of the course were a muddy mess. This is where I probably excelled the most compared to other riders. I never dismounted (except for one ridiculous muddy climb), never crashed, and never had to detour around the heavy mud. I just powered right through it. I feel like it was a victory of sorts. Next time I want to better pace myself.

Here are a few more pics I lifted from my friend Mark's blog



No comments:

Post a Comment