Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Balmy 38 Degrees in NY

I rode at Blue Mountain Reservation this afteroon. Lots of snow still on the trail but I went out anyway.

The singletrack was totally covered but the fireroads had lots of bare patches from the ATVs. Still it was pretty gnarly riding. I was only able to go about 3/4 of the way up before the fireroads were covered too. I guess the ATVs were too chicken to go to the top.

Sunset was really nice and it signaled that it was time to get back to the lot before dark.

Better sunset still back at the lot. It was a 40 minute ride but I only covered 3 miles due to the snow. It was a slow go and very slippery. Glad I got out there. Average HR of 144 and a max of 177.

1 comment:

  1. Just amazing! Can't believe you are riding through that snow. Must be a grueling workout. Tough stuff I'm sure. Great pics of sunset.

    ReplyDelete